Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Bonus Activity

In this activity, I had to rank three Maori songs/waiata with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst...

1. Te Puku o Te Ika
The reason why I liked this song was that of the lyrics and choreography that was on display. It was really good and also really we rehearsed.

2.Tamatea Arikinui
The main reason why I liked this song was the use of poi in the dance. Along with the sound of the vocals and also the lyrics.

3. Te Iti Kahurangi
The reason that this song is third is not that it was terrible. It is here because it just didn't appeal to me in the way that I would like it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison
What amazing work you have done... You have really given some very good reasons why you rated them... How did you find this activity and why???

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Outstanding work!! I agree with your order because I read your reasons. Keep up the great work :)

Cadence said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Another brilliant post! Ka pai! I like how you used the word appeal when ranking # 3. Good choice of vocabulary there. You reasoning was clear and precise, stating why you liked each group and what rate you gave them. Well done! I wonder how long it took the group to practice their performance? AND to get it so in time with everyone else around them! I thought they were all amazing, but I understand why you gave each one their rating.
Do you have a Kapa Haka group at your school? When I was at intermediate I got to be part of the Kapa Haka group. We were lucky enough to go awesome trips to perform to other schools in the area. We had so much fun!

Keep up the brilliant posting Harrison! You are a star!

Cadence 😊

Post a Comment