Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Day 5 Activity 1

To Curious Kiwi...

I would recommend Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School, By Jeff Kinney. It is about a boy called Greg Heffley who is all into video games and the technology that surrounds us today. So when he goes on camp with no wi-fi, no video games, and no technology he really struggles!  The story makes you question whether he will he make it to the end of camp without his normal support structure of technology and the modern world...the only way to find out is by reading the book.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, Harrison.

I wonder if you've read Matilda. I can highly recommend it. It also contains a metaphor, what do you think it could be?

Mark

Unknown said...

Scratch that last comment. Seems you have the Matilda in the next activity.

Unknown said...

Great minds...or just a lover of great stories!

Unknown said...

Indeed!

Unknown said...

I'm reading all of the Harry Potter books presently as well as the "I Survived..." series and I like the Dragon Knight books as well as Tree-house by Andy Griffths. I've always loved reading and we always go to the library where I can get more books and even some audios to listen too...do you listen to audio books?

Unknown said...

Hi Harrison,

No, I don't listen to audio books. But I do read a lot on my tablet. I am currently enjoying the Skulduggery Pleasant series, which is a series directed probably more at teens. I am reading along with my sister who is 15.

Unknown said...

What is the Skullduggery series about? If it sounds interesting I might start to read it.

Unknown said...

It's about a skeleton detective that saves the world with his teenage sidekick from the magical forces of evil. It's a bit more macabre than Harry Potter, but full of mystery and action, and the magicians don't need wands... though from memory they may have rings. Its recommended read alone age is 10-14, with the read together age of 9-12. So it will be up to you and your parents whether you are allowed to read it.

Unknown said...

Well I am 11 so hopefully.

Post a Comment